The DT Spare Parts brand offers a complete range with more than 30 000 different spare parts for trucks, trailers and buses, including all standard steering column switches.
The DT brand products, made of high quality materials, meet your highest quality requirements and guarantee a long period of use.
DT Spare Parts offers a complete range of steering column switches. Other switches from the range of driver cab electrical products are also available on request.
Two indicators on each side, one at the front and one at the rear, are stipulated for trucks and buses. When used, these must illuminate with a frequency of 1.5 Hz
(± 0.5 Hz) = 90 x per minute (± 30 x) on both sides simultaneously. The indicators are operated with a steering column switch on the steering column. The indicator switches automatically return to the original position, i.e. when steering out of the bend, the switches are automatically returned to the neutral position which means that the indicator is switched off.
The switch is returned to the original position with a tappet on the steering column which triggers a little lever on the indicator switch and causes it to return using spring force. When this happens, a switch is opened and the connection to the electronic control device (indicator unit) is interrupted and the process is ended.
Alongside controlling the indicator lamps, modern DT Spare Parts brand steering column switches also perform the following additional functions:
· Warning indicator function
· Dimming function
· Windscreen wiper function with several adjustable intervals
· Horn function
· Cruise control
DT steering column switches are characterised by the following
- Lever made of sturdy aluminium, steel tube or plastic with durable lever bearing due to the oversized bearing block.
- The shape of the rivet head and the design of the rivet join that correspond with the regulations of joining techniques.
- Micro-switches that are extremely suitable for switching both high and very low currents due to the construction with silver-plated contacts.
- Precisely fitted plastic base with professionally crimped plug connectors. The plug connectors are nickel-plated or silver-plated for low contact resistance and to protect against oxidisation.
- The highly flexible halogen-free cables are designed with a 0.5 - 1.5 mm² oversized cable diameter according to the electrical load, in order to guarantee optimum operational safety.
- Extremely strong solder joins with the exclusive use of leadfree solder. Only tin, silver or copper alloys are used in order to fulfil the specifications of the RoHS directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS = Restriction of hazardous substances). A soldering flux is used in order to prevent oxidation around the soldered area.
- The use of high-quality printed circuit boards made of glass fibre reinforced epoxy resin instead of lower quality phenol resin/paper boards. The use of smaller sized SMD components (Surface Mounted Device) allow automatic production in order to aim for improved reliability of the product.